Saturday 14 February 2015

Drinking And Dieting

Do you sometimes find yourself in a situation where there is alcohol? And you're on a DIET??

What do you do about this?

For me, I have a couple of solutions that I follow:

  1. Make every second drink a glass of sodawater (with a slice of lemon, then I look posh!)
  2. Ask for my wine to be a spritzer (1/2 wine, 1/2 sodawater)
  3. Know how much I have to work out tomorrow to burn off these empty calories!!


So how do I know how much exercise I have to do tomorrow to negate the effects of those no-nutrient, high calorie drinks, while potentially nursing a hangover?

Here's a quick guide to help you remain true to your resolve of not drinking at all

Note: jogging is at 9km/h and walking is at 6km/h
  • 1 bottle of cider (345ml) = 39 minutes walking, OR 17 minutes jogging
  • 1 nip/shot of vodka (30ml) + cranberry juice = 36 minutes walking, OR 16 minutes jogging
  • 1 glass of wine (150ml) = 21 minutes walking, OR 9 minutes jogging
  • 1 nip/shot of vodka (30ml) + diet softdrink = 14 minutes walking, OR 6 minutes jogging 
As you can see, any of these would  not be fun with a hangover.  Best policy is to avoid the alcoholic drinks, but if you do weaken, make sure you're prepared to do the exercise tomorrow (extra to what you'd normally do), to negate the 'fun' you had tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story too